By Default in Microsoft Teams the option to “Allow an external participant to give or request control” is turned off.
Log in to the Microsoft Teams Admin center (https://admin.teams.microsoft.com/)
- In the left menu select Meetings –> Meeting Policies
- Select the Global (Org-wide default) policy
- Under Content Sharing section choose a screen sharing mode.
- Turn the following settings to on :
- Allow an external participant to give or request control by clicking the slider
- Allow a participant to give or request control
Replication of this setting toke some time in my tenant but after a while external users were able to request for remote control.
Official Microsoft documentation can be found here : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/configure-desktop-sharing